So proud of Hubby, he not only cleared his junk, but put several heavy items upstairs. Ginger was here, cleared the rest of the top kitchen cabinets. We had bought plastic (has to be Rubbermaid) containers to put food. Ginger had removed my china dishes from dining cabinet on an earlier clean, that's where we put the food. Ya see, Larry the contractor (not Larry the plumber from "Blue Collar") is going to be here Monday to cover my hardwood floors. So everything must be removed including this computer and desk that I'm typing on. He will seal off this room (dining) which is the gateway to the bathroom. Well Grandma will have to huff & puff upstairs to that bathroom for a couple days. Then Larry will put plastic walls and a passageway thru dining rm, to laundry & bath.
Those 3 Victorian homes we got to see inside had such small kitchens, I'm glad ours was remodeled in the 1920's, 40's, 60's, and now a century later. I'm concerned that I may be updating the kitchen too modern for the style of this house. I'll be losing privacy by opening up the wall between kitchen/ dining. But like I said, it's my choice. The cabinet style will have an old fashioned look. Let's face it, the 1960's remodel was pretty bad with the olive green sink and dark wood cabinets. But their choice to close off several unuseful doors was great. I'm picking light-Maple wood. I have not decided on counter tops yet. But I do get my island, yeah! Ceramic tile, I like the look, but cleaning the grout, yuk.
Want to put your 2 cents in? You're invited.
Do you want to hear about Maurice the ghost? let me know...

2 Comments:
It's Larry the Cable Guy, not the plumber. And where is this island going????!?!?!?!? How about Granite counters? no grout! and btw, you already have grout that hasn't been cleaned in 20 years. Great stuff in getting rid of that God-awful PINK in the dining room...(queezy, queezy)YRECCCCHHHH! (puking) SHMMMUURRRCCHHHH (puking guts out.) Deep breath, puke breath. Nasty pink dining room.
Dad says; "I like the pink."
Uh, no, I agree with you two, well I never puked over pink. I picked it cuz I liked Coca Cola, and couldn't do wallpaper.
Ok, so should I continue butter yellow thru the dining & KItchen? and add blue to kitchen?
Post a Comment
<< Home