Bad news for the bears and me...
The Bears are fine, but, I've been terminated, and I won't be back to work.
I don't want to go into the conversation that my boss said to me, but aparently, he had a 3 strike rule that I did not know about. Oh yea, he did change the rules to suit himself, and after 6 weeks of training, WITH NO PAY! he decides he has had enough of me asking to get paid. He did NOT want me to answer the phones, even tho I was professional sounding, and he was not in office, and the other guy was inundated with calls.
Ok, this happened yesterday at 9:45 am on my way to pick up flyers to bring to a job measure in a few minutes. Then the boss sent the co-worker out the door and said he wanted to talk to me. He said we had clashed 3 times since I had been there. I tried to explain that I was just learning my lap top, which he wanted me to buy, that took some of my kitchen money. I was learning the program that he downloaded, I was new to the kitchen business, and had learned a lot by "working" there. He hired this other guy from WA state, the same time he ASKED me if I wanted a job; then he asked the new guy to train me. WE were both trainees, although Tim (other guy) had worked the kitchen business in WA for 8 yrs. AND which Tim had no time to train me, cuz he was trying hard to fulfill his own end of the business, (oh, with a salary, and commision).
So here I was learning everything on my own, trying to ask simple questions, and hearing these answers from Tim, "I have no time for this... hold on, hold on." then the phone would ring. You want to know who helped me the most at work? It was the older brother, helped teach my computer & the software. A Rep that came into the store helped Tim & I learn more about the software & the kitchen cabinets I am planning to buy.
My questions before I was rudely dismissed, what about the cabinets I want to buy, which was the reason to come into his store in May? And will he give a good reference for my resume? His answer to the 1st question was, "you can buy your cabinets at an employee discount, its the least I can do for you being here for 6 weeks." To the 2nd question he said, "I cannot give you a good recommendation at this time." That's when I started crying. Oh, so what about the couple that I was going to measure right now? He said he would handle them. Ok, so I leave to buy a wedding gift, and my cell phone rings... it is the girl whose kitchen I was to go measure. I said for her to call the store and talk to boss. So more rudeness from him!
I told Karlene this story, she said to not even go back to buy cabinets from there! OOH, I am soo mad, confused, angry, pissed off. And hubby wants to go hurt someone there. Where is my faith now? Maybe I was only there to design my own kitchen, hey, I still have a spec book for my cabinets, maybe contractor and & I can design our own, and get it ordered direct from the company.
So now after writing this, I'm still crying. On our way to a wedding yesterday afternoon, I said, "I hate to be sad at a happy event, cuz my photos turn out sad!" So vain! So Hubby and I talked (nicely) and I started to feel a little better. Then I got to dance at the reception and FELT A LOT BETTER!! Yeah for dancing and acting like a fool! Even tho my kids make fun of me having Fun! Will you guys just let me have my fun, will you enjoy life and endure hardships with me?
I love you!
Rae

3 Comments:
Sorry, mom, I wasn't about to read your long damn blog, but you will be okay. It doesn't sound like you were the problem at the job, so don't fret. Change usually means that something better is in store. It also usually means that there might be something that we need to change within ourselves, and there is a lesson to be learned before EVERYTHING will work to our favor. Try to look at what you can learn from what just happened, learn from how people relate to you and how you relate to other people. Now you can read my long damn comment. Pardon my damn french.
We weren't making fun of you. We were laughing at Dave.
Thanks Bryan,
When I told the real interior designer what happened, she said the guy was totally using me, and wanted free work from a design student. I'm trying to see beyond my feelings and learn from this.
Karlene,
When people are making fun of anyone, I feel for the one being made fun of.
Post a Comment
<< Home