Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Great weekend at the women's retreat in Palm Springs! Brought back teenage memories... ( warning, long blog)

Back when I was in youth group (Luther League), all the churches in the area sent their youth and counselors to Palm Springs for a retreat. They stayed at The Riviera, well, before I met my boyfriend/ husband, I saw him there. He and his friend, Kyle were going around the long halls with a woopie cushion. They would walk past an old couple let off the woopie cushion, turn and look at the couple with a dirty look, then keep walking. Then of course, the guys would laugh and run away, so mature! Just thought I'd share what a great guy I married, ha ha! Actually it did bring back good memories, I forgot how funny hubby was.

The first day, Friday, Carol Olive drove 3 women, I got dibs on front seat. We went to Cabizon, an outlet mall, just like the one in Aurora, OH. I said, if I can find dishes with yellow, blue & white, in a store, I'll buy them. The first store I saw was a Corningware outlet. The first thing I saw as I walked in was serving pieces with those colors. Then I walked over to see if there was dishes. Yep, the same pattern of blue & yellow flowers & leaves on white background. They were on sale for buy 1 get 1 half off. Each place setting was service for 4, I knew I needed 3 sets to fit just our family. With the sale, I purchased 4 sets, and the serving set. The serving set had an oval baker, 2 covered caserole dishes and 2 small bowls, all oven-safe, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe. Yeah, I live by the microwave and freezer. (Well I really live by Jesus, but these amenities are His blessings!) Then I asked if they would ship the dishes to my house, since Carol's car was already packed with her electric riding vehicle. They will ship this week.

The view I had after I checked into room,and went down to pool was of Mount San Jancinto. The mountain had a cloud and the sun behind the cloud, with sunrays coming out all around the top of the mountain. I love sunrays, my nickname, Rae of sunshine. I always thank the Lord for sending His sunrays for me to enjoy and Praise Him. I did not have a camera, so I tried to sketch the scene later. Later that night, after meeting, some of us went into Jacuzzi, there were duck families that swam in the pool. They came from the adjoining golf course, they were so cute!

The rest of the weekend was spent with different people, 2 roomates whom I got along with, a ride to wherever (Target, Tuesday Morning), I know , I could have done that at home. I went to my room to watch HGTV, cuz I don't have cable at home. Meetings were good, worship good, friends the Lord gave me over the years, priceless!

Now "Back to life, back to reality, back to the here and now..." College has tests this week, CAD went well. Larry's back, said that the cook top won't fit in the drawer cabinet that is installed. Got to call the cabinet place, and find the flooring. Study for a test today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home