Saturday, September 24, 2005

County fair was fair. I was pretty patient with the boys, they were good. I got to see the quilts, which is my main reason for going to any fair. I used to live in the capital city of Sacramento, it had a State fair, that is nothing like our Los Angeles county fair! This thing is huge, millions of people. Can you believe we saw 2 families we knew that day? The state fair was more like a small county fair.

Which reminds me... the movies "Beethovan" and "Beethovan II", my children and I were in those movies. The second movie, you can see my feet and skirt around the puppies at a country fair. I can see my kids playing at the arcade games in the background. Come on now, tell us your version of the hell making those movies. Trying to watch them and stay awake is even worse. My hell version is that it was so dam Hot, and the puppies got treated better than us!!

My kitchen cabinets are sitting in the dining room and kitchen, some are in boxes. I pulled a box off one cabinet, and asked Larry if he would help with any others. He pulled the boxes off 6 cabs. OOH, I like the color! Kandy, they are maple, such a pretty wood from OHIO. They have dovetail drawers, well made cabinets. Had to call another guy to install them. Ok, so now we have an expensive kitchen, the high price version, its worth it! The outside siding blends with the old so good, you cannot even tell there used to be a back door. The paint turned out such a pretty butter yellow with white ceilings (Swiss Coffee). The recessed lights, are great, I've been going around turning them on, then dimming the lights. there is so many lights and switches, whew, makes me tired turning them on. Oh, and we have 2 outside plugs now!

Getting ready to shine the old chandelier we bought at an estate sale, but guess could wait till cabinets are intalled and Larry gets back from vacation next week so he can install it. Well then I go to women's retreat Sept 30- Oct 2. So if I don't write on blog all week you'll know why... homework, intallation of cabinets, watching boys one morning, quilt class, therapy, then retreat. I'll need a retreat after this week, maybe I'll even get a massage, hummm.

I'll still be reading blogs, so please comment, Love you, Mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, it's the expensive version of a kitchen? SO, you got tile flooring and granite counter tops? Those would look cool.

9/26/2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home