Saturday, August 27, 2005

The fifth & last child: Thomas the doubter...

Surprise, pregnant again! Hey, I just want to say that these last two were conceived (TMI) in a getaway location, very romantic. Dianna, S-I-L, said "Sorry, we can't buy any more gifts for any more nieces & nephews." So we asked them to be God-parents, so we have their blessing. Instead of praying for any specific on this baby, I just asked for good health, and oh I did want another girl. During last part of pregnancy, when only my stomache was a basketball, I knew it was a boy.

Labor went a little longer, but still on a school morning. He weighed 8:5, my smallest baby. We had no name picked ahead like with all the other children. I wanted to see what this kid's personality or birth was like first. We named him Thomas, because he doubted whether he wanted to be born, middle name John for my uncle. Tommy John, was a pitcher, in 1984, for the Angels or Yankees (anyone know?) Um, Bryan or Bob, will you look that up for me? Thanks.

Well as children are, this last one (I made sure it was last) was very active. When you put a ball in the baby's hands, in the infant seat, he knew what to do with the ball, throw it. He was a happy child, and those cheeks (both top & bottom) had dimples. All the siblings played with him. As Tommy grew into a toddler, I did spank that butt. Oh BTW, the size of the butt determined the amount of spanks. You figure out which size you have and see if I'm right. As my children have expressed already, this last child, did need more discipline than I adminstered.

Then he grew and played every sport available near by. He is 21, and still very active. He still lives at home, and we hardly see him. The older siblings used to say, "Tommy get out of here!" Well he remembers that, and now the adult siblings say, "Tommy we want to see you, come over!" What I am so very blessed having raised these five children is that they are very loving to each other, and everyone is a good citizen, Godly character, and loving.

I wish and pray for them to grow closer to God and Jesus. Some have chosen to worship at home, as they say. All I can say is that fellowship with other believers strengthens our faith. I love seeing all my children together, having fun with each other and their spouses. Of course grandchildren are a crown of the aged. And I would not trade my children for anything else, I loved being a mom. Empty nest isn't as lonely as I thought, I have my college classes now.

The end, I mean beginning.