Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Third child, first boy story...

Your Dad and I belonged to Marriage Encounter, a Bible verse was given: from John 15: 16-17, which Jesus says; "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my commandment; Love each other." So we asked for a son, and shortly after that became pregnant. I knew before an ultra-sound that this was a boy. Back in 1979, ultra-sounds were only given if they thought you were having twins, which is what they thought with me. They could not tell the sex of baby, just that it was very big, or my due date was sooner.

Then, on March 14, after only 3 hours of labor, a 9.15, boy came sliding out. I remember saying, that was easy, let's have another! We named him Bryan with a 'y',and middle name Dale after paternal grandfather, and his Dad's middle name. Also cousin Ben has same middle name and initials. Your sisters thought that you were their baby. You slept with your butt up in the air. Then you grew and grew, tall and thin and so cute. You had a Beatles, or John John Kennedy hair cut, when you were 4 and under.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karlene said...

He was our baby. All of the brother's were our babies.

8/24/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was good, but we all knew that already. Try to think of stuff that you never told us before, like things you haven't remembered until now.

8/24/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Karlene said...

Bryan- don't you know that Kandy and I are the ones that have the memories of you when you were little? You had two mommies, Me and Kandy.

8/24/2005 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home