Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas was wonderful, calm & bright. (Warning: long & lovely letter)

We three kings, I mean Bruce, Rae & Maxine went to a candlelight service, Christmas Eve, at her church. Then I went to see Josh & Caleb sing and enjoyed their church service, Christmas Day. Then some lady from Karlene's church kept talking to me in the parking lot until everyone was gone. I think she was lonely, but I did listen, then said I have to go (3 times). Well, maybe God is showing me what I act like to some people. OK, I still can learn lessons from life and God.

Went home and prepared my food for our soup dinner, and appetizers. Grandma helped me keep the kitchen clean. Oh, and news flash... I cleaned the house and both bathrooms by myself with no help from Ginger this time!!! Whoa, I'm getting more normal as time goes by, ooh scary, or a blessing however we want to look at it! I even made some of the appetizers day before.

First to come over was Bryan & Kristin with their Cream of Carrot soup, her homemade rolls and other goodies. Kristin is so helpful with last minute things like setting the spoons, etc. Then came the Chapas and grandchildren, and their split pea soup. Tommy hung around until Philip & Sarah came, with their potato-bacon soup. Then he took off eating no soup, just my potato-egg casserole. We expected to see Tommy and his girlfriend at least part of the family night. So we all raise our eyes, shaking our head, listening to Bryan say the truth in a funny way about Tommy, and the rest of us.

And they did play poker with Caleb winning (I don't really know who wins). We enjoyed the evening choosing which soups we liked, got full. Opened presents, Caleb got about 3 poker sets, Josh got some noisy guns. We had fun until baby Matthew was fussy, mommy Karlene, got a stomach ache, then everyone left about 9:00 pm. I almost started to whine, saying "Who will play Upwords with me?" Oh well, some other time, maybe, ok then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home